How to buy the right exhaust fan as per your kitchen size?
One of the significant parts of your home’s aeration system is the kitchen exhaust fan. This fan is helpful for treating odors from your home, thereby improving the inside air quality. Apart from this, it also removes moisture, which reduces the level of humidity in your home. If the levels of humidity rise it may decaythe building materials and may result ina bad impact on the family’s health. That’s the main reason why exhaust fans serve a vital role in the kitchen.
How to choose a right exhaust fan?
Choosing the right exhaust fan as per your kitchen size is a tough task as many people don’t have any idea about the kitchen size and exhaust fans relation.
- It is recommended to select the quietest, most energy-saving fan in size range as per the requirement. Also, you must check the noise levels that are produced by the fan (search for fans categorized as “quiet” or “low noise” and verify the HVI rating).
- You must check a fan with disposable parts and lasting lubrication. It is desirable to use a fan appropriate for constant use.
- The exhaust lid must be placed where it will not result in moisture damage on external surfaces.
- A low-resistance (even) exhaust tubes must be chosen. The joints of the fan must be sealed, and the sections that run through unheated gaps must be insulated.
- Watch out for the product and parts warranty before buying.
- If you have placed heating appliances with chimneys in your kitchen, then remember that fans won’t result in the appliances to backdraft.
A kitchen range lid must be capable of moving an excess amount of air as compared to a bathroom fan,i.e., approximately 60 to 130 L/s (90 to 250 cfm). Consequently, these kitchen exhaust fans are noisier, with the smallest possible rating of just about 3.5 sones, even though they can be moderately quiet on low speed.
The most effective units are composed of a low noise mark, an energy-competent fan, sound insulation, luminous lights, tube connections and anti-vibration mounts. Choose non-corrosive materials, for instance, stainless steel or aluminumfor the purpose of heavy duty use. High-quality lids may be composed of a safety shut-off and heat sensors.
Kitchen exhaust systems must release in exterior space. Re-circulating exhaust tops depend on filters to capture grease as well as odors. The filters present in these exhaust fans are usually made of carbon which is supposed to be replaced on a frequent basis to run efficiently. Grease will help in coating carbon, thus making it inefficient.
Installation of Exhaust Fans in Kitchen:
The fans and exhaust systems must be installedin that way so that they make the lowest possible noise, also least possible leakage as well as vibration. Foam tape or anti-vibration pads can separate the fan housing from wooden supports and dry wall. One can also use rubber noise barriers to lower the noise outcome.
Fan Size as per your Kitchen Dimensions:
The size of the exhaust fan is substantially dependent upon the measurements of your kitchen. The below-mentioned table can be referred to be familiar with the best suitable size of the exhaust fan size for your kitchen based upon your needs.
|Estimated Dimensions of Kitchen||Sweep (mm)||Power Input (Watts)||Speed (RPM)||Free Air Delivery|
|2.5m x 2.5m x 2.7m||230 (9″)||45||1350||720|
|3.0m x 2.5m x 2.7m||300 (12″)||55||1320||1300|
|Larger than above dimensions||400 (16″)||60||1320||1700|
Companies like Atomberg, Havells, Crompton Greaves manufactures good quality exhaust fans for all types of kitchen shape and sizes. So buy the perfect size as per your kitchen space.
To read more about fans, follow the link: http://atomberg.com/fans/